If You Ask Me ....

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Sweden couldn't beat Soca Warriors!


From FIFA World Cup site:
"An amazing match in Dortmund saw FIFA World Cup™ debutants Trinidad and Tobago hold Sweden to a goalless draw, despite being reduced to ten men for most of the second half... "
Pics courtesy FIFA

From West Ham United website: "But, to me, even more important than the point we won was the point we proved - not only to ourselves, but to the people of Trinidad & Tobago and I think also to people all over the world." Shaka Hislop

5 Comments:

At 6/11/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was one of d ppl who thought we would get 6 goals from Sweden! Glad I was wrong !!!!!

 
At 6/12/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Olé , Olé Olé Olé !!!!!!!!! The stadium chant raise our boys spirits too!!! Olé !

 
At 6/12/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woi Woi!!! Big up the SOCA WARRIORS. It's not 'WE' eh. It's 'THEM.' If they had lost, it wudda be THEM ent? Come na man.. Go with the flow.. Have faith in our SOCA WARRIORS...

 
At 6/12/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

miss i predict a 2-0 win over england! I comin back to post when we win!!! heheh!!!

 
At 6/12/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most ppl underestimated the soca warriors but they proved us wrong... hats of to them... especailly to Shaka Hislop cuz he ruled d match! The worst part about the entire match in my opinion was the commentator... he did nothing but bring us down the entire time... two things which struck me most was that he said that that game "supposed" to be without a doubt victory for Sweden and that they "supposed" to score their most amount of goals in world cup history in that game and that the fact that he also commented that trini ppl were celebrating as though the score was 5-0 I mean yea trini like to fete but some of the things he said weren't called for... but I guess that's his job! anyways good luck to d warriors on Thursday... I honestly think that they have a fair shot against England... I'm especailly excited to see Becks vs. Birchell (7 vs. 7)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home